Photographs are some of our most prized possessions representing an irreplaceable moment in time. In order to best preserve them from the harmful affects of sunlight, common pollutants and time, we suggest the following:
- Store your negatives and photographs in separate locations in case you will need to reprint a damaged or lost picture.
- Wear cotton gloves when handling photographs in order to prevent finger oils from burning into the emulsion.
- Prevent the fading of color by keeping them out of direct sunlight.
- Consider framing a duplicate or color copy and storing the original.
- When framing your photographs always choose conservation picture framing products